Friday, January 9, 2015

E.L. James Talks About 'Fifty Shades of Grey' and Mentions Jamie

People - Like the rest of us, E.L. James is looking forward to the highly anticipated 50 Shades of Grey screen adaptation of her mega-selling novel, out Feb. 13.

As one of the film's producers, "I was on set every day," says the author, 51. "Seeing the characters and story come to life was an intense and surreal experience. I'm very happy with the casting. Dakota [Johnson] and Jamie [Dornan] have done an amazing job and they're going to become huge movie stars – they deserve to." 

Working on the film didn't leave her much time to write, but "I have some love stories bubbling away in my mind," she tells PEOPLE in this week's issue. "I hope the fans will be as eager to read them as I am to write them."

James plans to make her next book as romantic as Fifty Shades: "I believe that's what readers enjoy most about 50 Shades," she says. Not that she'll stint on the sex: "When people fall in love, a certain amount of friskiness inevitably follows."

And speaking of frisky, she hasn't abandoned Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele just yet. James has released a collection of wines – one red and one white – based on the 50 Shades characters' relationship.

Because of Christan Grey's love of vino, "It didn't seem like a big leap to making a wine inspired by Fifty Shades," James says.

"We sampled a few blends until we came up with one we were happy with, and that I felt Christian would be happy with, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment