Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Gillian Anderson Talks About 'The Fall' and Jamie

 

Her character DCI Stella Gibson isn’t so quick to schedule time off from her hunt for serial killer Paul Spector, but the former X Files star often finds similarities between herself and the detective.

“There are aspects of Stella that I’m familiar with in my own personality. I feel I’ve been able to make peace with myself more because she’s so unapologetic about the island that she is. ‘Yeah [I am a solitary person], I mean my [romantic] partners have consistently said, “You live this life I have no idea about. The idea of saying [to them], “I’m thinking about doing this film, let’s talk about what it means for our life… It’s challenging for me. It’s not my first instinct. My first instinct is to decide, “Can I do this? Yes I can.””
Thankfully her co-star, Jamie Dornan – who plays serial killer Paul Spector – isn’t very similar to his character. The “funny” actor turned model was practically unheard of before starring in the drama and now he is the topic of most conversations.

She said: “I’ve been surprised at how funny he is… He’s very, very funny and good at telling stories. He’s a good mimic as well. He’s a lovely young lad. On the first series, people were like, “Who is this guy? Is he an ex-model or something?” Now people don’t ever want to talk to me about The X-Files. They only want to ask about Jamie Dornan.”

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment