Thursday, August 11, 2016

New Interview of Jamie with Associated Press


AP - Don't look for Jamie Dornan on social media. He's had it.

Specifically, he's had it with hate-mongering trolls he's encountered despite a hyper fan base for "Fifty Shades" and "The Fall."

"To be honest, I was very inactive on it in the last year," he said during a recent round of interviews for two upcoming films, "Anthropoid" and "The 9th Life of Louis Drax."

"To delete my Instagram ... I had to email my publicist to get the password. Twitter I used to have a bit of fun with back in the day but I think I've tweeted twice in the last year," Dornan said.
 
The reality of living life out loud on social media looks like this from his perspective:

"The more public interest in you, the more horrible people become," Dornan said. "People start to say disgusting things about your family, about your children. What's the point?"

On the "Fifty Shades" front, which includes back-to-back filming of the steamy trilogy's last two installments, Dornan is enjoying the prospect of life post-Christian Grey.

"It's satisfying to put an end to any job, I think, and to do two back to back, I think there's an element of relief that the work is done and you're happy with it," he said.

And, yes, his wife, Amelia Warner, spent some time on the "Fifty Shades" sets.

"Yeah, a couple of times on choice days," Dornan said. "There were some days where it probably doesn't make a lot of sense for her to be hanging around."

Dornan wouldn't spill on season 3 of his popular BBC series, which is set in Belfast and has him playing Paul Spector, a bereavement counselor, married man and unassuming dad of two by day, stalker and slayer of women by night.

"You can expect the unexpected. There's quite remarkable turns in the third season that I really genuinely think people won't see coming that are hugely exciting," he said.

The series co-stars Gillian Anderson as Stella Gibson, the London detective sent to crack the case. She finds herself in a morbid game of cat and mouse with Spector, who — as far as we know — isn't quite as clever as he fancies himself, considering he wound up getting shot several times at the end of season 2.

The new season of "The Fall" is expected in the fall, according to some reports.

"You know, that job changed my life," Dornan said of the series. "They're like family to me and I'm forever grateful for it to be a part of my life and, you know, I would play that character to my dying days if I had the opportunity."

Does that include a fourth season?

"I don't know anything about that," he smiled.

3 comments:

  1. I understand what Jamie is saying. I am beginning to feel the same way about twitter. I am only on it because of Jamie Dornan and FSOG. I am really sorry that there are hateful people talking about his wife and kids. I cannot imagine why anyone would do that. If you're a fan, why would you be doing such a horrific thing? I love FSOG - books and movie - and I love Jamie and Dakota, too. I think they are the perfect Christian and Ana, but I do not imagine they are those characters in real life. I don't need them to be or want them to be! Despite being a non-crazy FSOG fan, I am beginning to feel more and more that people are looking down on FSOG and fans of Jamie Dornan that like him because of FSOG. I fear it may be because of obnoxious fans. I'm not one of them! I am a new Jamie Dornan fan because of FSOG. I remember him as "the golden torso" and dating Keira Knightley, but I did not know his name. Only when he was cast as Christian did I become aware of him and his work. I would never have heard of "The Fall" without Jamie being cast as Christian. I find it somewhat surprising that Jamie says he does not want to be typecast as Christian Grey, but would play Paul Spector until his dying days. I guess I just want to know - does Jamie and his fans want the FSOG fans to go away? If so, just let me know in the comments section and I will quietly leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you totally. I neber even heard of the fall before fsog. Fsog opened up a whole new fan base in the USA where he wasnt exactly well known before. But he doesnt sound like he supports the movies. Makes me kinda feel sorry for Dakota as it diminishes her work as well. Sorry Jamie but it's kinda a turn off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very happy to see Jamie promoting Fifty Shades Darker in February & showing appreciation for the role & for the fans. That helped me feel a lot better! I get the sense that some fans of Jamie, especially ones in Europe, do not realize how little his name is known in the US. Fifty Shades is what has brought him attention in the US! It can only help his career as we can see by all the work he continues to do.

    ReplyDelete