Sunday, June 8, 2014

Outtake from Jamie's Fabulous Magazine Photoshoot (2012)


You can also read Jamie's interview with Fabulous Magazine from 2012 below

So, Jamie, how did you find the move into acting after years of modelling?

People assume if you’re a model there’s no way you can become an actor. As a teenager I wanted to go to drama school, but modelling took off bigger than I expected, or possibly wanted.

You’re obviously a man of many talents – weren’t you also in a band?

Yeah, I did have a band. A terrible band called Sons Of Jim. I sung and played the guitar and a whiney harmonica.

Out of the three, where does your passion really lie?

Acting, definitely. I would have enjoyed the band more if we’d been good. You need to believe you’re the best band in the world for it to work – even if you’re not. I just didn’t believe in what we did.

And how was it working with Trainspotting legend Robert Carlyle?

Bobby’s a legend on every level. You know a great actor when it’s all so effortless.

And you get to call him Bobby…

We bonded quickly – a lot of people from Belfast and Glasgow do because they’re similar places.

You’ve met loads of other celebs in your time, like when you worked with Kate Moss, but have you ever been star-struck? 

I once saw Wayne Coyne, lead singer of The Flaming Lips, in a New York coffee shop. I didn’t even meet him and I was completely star-struck. He’s an alarmingly cool guy.

I also dread to think how I’d react if I met Eric Cantona. I’ve been a Manchester United fan since I was aware of what football was.

You turn 30 next month – how do you feel about that?

I’m really excited! While I’ve loved every second of living in London during my 20s, I’ve got more acting lined up and I’m fulfilled professionally and personally.

Personally, eh? So can we take it you’re not single?

I’m definitely not single. I’m in a pretty serious relationship actually

Ooh, do tell!

No.

OK… So apart from your mystery girlfriend and Fabulous (obvs), who would you most like to be snuggling up to in bed right now?

Animal from The Muppets. He’s hilarious!

Riiiight. Have you ever woken up anywhere strange?

I’ve woken up on my stairs, curled up like a cat, one or two times after big nights out. I also woke up on the plane from Vancouver on the way here, just as they announced we were landing in London. I’d had a few drinks before the flight and don’t remember getting on the plane, so waking up was a bit of a shock!

Do you remember your first kiss?

It was that classic of behind the bike sheds at school, when I was 12 or 13 years old, with a girl whose name I can’t remember.

Romantic! Have you ever been propositioned by a fan?

I like golf, and some girl on Twitter asked me about playing together. She told me I’d definitely enjoy the 19th hole.

Eww…

Charming to the core. I didn’t reply.

Picture: FiftyShadesEN

No comments:

Post a Comment