Friday, December 12, 2014

Victor Rasuk Talks About Jamie and 'Fifty Shades of Grey'

Watch!: Let’s talk Fifty Shades. What can you say without being assassinated by the producers?

Rasuk: I’ve been sworn to secrecy but I will say this: I was really happy when the teaser trailer came out, because when I first got the role and started working with Dakota Johnson, there were a lot of haters about her being cast as Anastasia. As soon as she started reading and we started working together, I was already saying to my friends, “Dude, she’s a fantastic Anastasia.” And then the teaser came out and everyone was like, “She’s a great Anastasia!” I was like, “I told you!”

Watch!: How was Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey?

Rasuk: Great. It’s funny—there’s a scene in the teaser when he pushes me, and I remember in the first few takes he was pushing me lightly. And he was like, “Hey man, can I really push you on this one?” And I was like, “Dude, of course! I’ve been working out the last couple of months!” And he pushed me so hard that I almost tumbled and fell on my ass. It was the first day of shooting and I thought I was going to be recast because I had a broken hipbone. But it was fun. I think people are really going to enjoy Jamie and Dakota’s chemistry.

(...)

Watch!: What did you think of the book?

Rasuk: I know a lot of critics think it’s mediocre and high schoolish, but I actually really enjoyed it. I like that you go through her journey of every moment that goes by. It’s a coming-of-age story, you know? I’ve always been attracted to those.

Watch!: Did you ever worry the film might become another Showgirls?

Rasuk:
No. I think the movie is exactly what everyone is expecting from the book. They expect to see the book and I think they did it—but in a very tasteful way. But also you have to remember, no one’s seen the movie! So I can’t tell you yet.

Watch!: Has doing this movie brought a lot of tabloid glare?

Rasuk: When it was first announced, there were definitely some media outlets that were saying, “Oh, did you know that new star from Fifty Shades has dated X, Y and Z?” But I don’t have any paparazzi following me. I try to keep my life really private in that sense. I don’t really go out or anything like that.

Source | via

No comments:

Post a Comment